Friday, July 1, 2011

God is in Control

Isaiah 6:8 says, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I, Send me!'"
When I think about my heart and my part in missions, I identify with this verse every time. From the day I was "old enough" I picked mission trips over camps every time. When I surrendered to missions I know what I was "getting myself into" to an extent because the Lord had been preparing me all my life.
When it came down to it, it was a growing process especially giving up 2-3 months to serve somewhere on the other side of the world. Each summer I come back to the Philippines I'm more prepared, more in tune, more in love, and more identified with the country, culture, and the people. I know the Lord has called me here to give my life to these people and bring these people to Him. I know that these mission trips back here to where my heart is is God's next step in my journey. Five years ago (2006) He gave me a passion for the Philippines and the Filipino people. My eagerness and will wants to be here how but I am learning to rely on His timing. Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose."
This verse reminds me that he is in control of my life and every moment of my future. He has the whole Philippines in His hands. He has my whole future in His hands. I will trust and obey Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment