Monday, July 18, 2011

Dedicated 2 Sophie

Coming to the Philippines you expect to get bicultural but this year I go a bit tricultural. I mentioned in an earlier blog that the people that run Ruel Foundation are New Zealanders. Well as it turned out they have had an 18 year old recent graduate staying with them to do volunteer work. She's one of those people you fall in love with in about 1/2 a second. I told her she was the sweetest person I'd ever met (and I know some sweet people). :) Sophie is a true servant- she would work for free her whole life if it were really possible. Her faith reminds me of George Mueller- a missionary who literally relied on prayer to get him the very basics in life. Sophie is humble. She is kind. She is so selfless. I think of her like a little sister but I have a lot of respect and admiration for her. She wasn't a part of Nehemiah Teams but she was a part of the Ruel Team. In fact all my nannies/mannies met her and fell in love with her spirit immediately.
Sophie and I got to have 2 1/2 days bonding in Manila before she headed home and let me just say New Zealanders are so much fun. :) Plus I think if all Christians had "Sophie spirits" we wouldn't push people away as much. So- so much for me being bicultrural this summer. Thanks to Sophie I'm tri! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment