Monday, July 18, 2011

Back at New Faith Family

Whoo Wee! What a place to be for my second to last stop. They will keep you going here at New Faith. While I've gotten the chance to make tons of new friends this time around, it's been so great to minister more to the kids and now also to the Angels of Josie's Angels. If you don't know who the Angels are then you need to visit our team website http://www.nehemiahteams.blogspot.com/ and find New Faith Family and look for the blog on Josie's Angels. It's been fun spending time with the Angels and one of their "moms" Cindi who is in fact American. She's a great role model for the girls and has also been someone for the team to go to for spiritual advice. I've also gotten to hang out with the older kids who live in the YMC. These guys and girls are the teenagers and really need the "ate"/ "kuya" influence. It's need to watch the nannies with them and it's been awesome to jump right in there and just how excepting they were to me, especially as teenagers.
Of course the children in the nursery always touch my heart. In fact everytime I sit down and Unis plops down in it and ask me to do "Chubby Bunny" with her it brightens my day. I pray that she will remember things like that. I know I will. I can't forget precious John and his beautiful smile and six toes. I can't forget 5 bonding youngins on the couch watching colorful pictures on the TV that would never amuse an American child. I can't forget bath time and the way I get more wet than the kids.
I will never forget the way Shelby lights up when she meets a new person and gets the opportunity to share with them why she is so happy or how she can be super tired but walk into a room full of kids and you'd never know she was even tired! I will never forget Heather and the way she is able to dig into the word and God instantly speaks to her or how she can hold two big babies at one time- super Tita! I will never forget Kaitlyn and her cheerleader self giggling with the kids as if she were one herself or how when it's time to go somewhere she is dead set and nothing gets in her way.
New Faith is a great place full of ministry opportunities! Please keep them in your prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment