Monday, July 25, 2011

At the End

I'm spending my last bit of time at Open Door- the place that invaded my heart 3 years ago. These kids still invade my heart- with every smile, with ever hug, with every word. It doesn't take much. I was blown away just last night when we got the surprise the older girls had been promising us for days. We were led up to the third floor, blindfolded. When allowed to take off the blindfolds we were amazed to see a beautiful tea party made for us. It was exquisite. We drank tea, ate goodies, danced and sang, shared and cried, and had one of the most memorable nights of the summer. It reminded me of why I come back year after year, it reminded me of why God called me to the Philippines. Everytime I look into the eyes of beautiful Ate Tess or sweet Joana or sassy Juday I see Christ's love. I see my heart, and I can't help but desire for the next time I come back, I can't wait to be here with these people again sharing God's love with the hungry, the lonely, the brokenhearted, the abandoned, the lost.
It's hard to believe I will leave to go home in just a few days. To me, this summer was a blink of an eye. I don't know if is because I traveled so much or if it is because of the peace I have when I am in this country. Everything is natural here, even when I am stared at. My skin may be white, and my nose my be long, and my hair may be light brown, but Pinoy Ako I am. :)
Thank you God for the amazing opportunity you have given me to serve you here again in the Philippines. Continue to use your children, of every race, to minister around the world and lead others to You and make disciplese of all nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment