Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Beginning

Hello World! It's Jenny and I'm in the Philippines!!! I've been here for a week and already my heart is full of Filipino love as usual. Let me back up though! My summer began May 30, the day that Leader Orientation began. I was in charge of making sure that team leaders got registered- all 42 team leaders!! How awesome is that! The first summer I went there were 4 team leaders. On Thursday (June 2) team members arrived and again I was in charge of registration. Now there are 156 students- 13 countries! Can we say AWESOME??!!
Orientation was filled with training for the teams. We had lot of help with this from counsins all over. I can't fail to thank the wonderful people at our host church and the surrounding area for all the help they provided. There was so much going on all day long everyday- the teams had a lot to learn to prepare.  I led the Tagalog sessions and the Nanny session.
On Wednesday the team leaders got the opportunity to participate in an Asian Chicken kill. I definitely opted out of that and instead went with Ate Wendy to start on supper. She even taught me how to cut pineapple! Let's just say I'm excited to do again!! Team leaders then prepared Chick Adobo with Ate Wendy's help. Yummy!
Saturday the teams participated in an intense team building out at a camp that helped teams work together and build unity.
Sunday and Monday both contained very special services for the teams. One was open to the community and one was a Commencement service for the teams.
Monday night midnight began send off! I was on the first group out- 1 a.m.  we tore through the send off line for good byes and like that it BEGAN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment